Blackjack is one of the most famous games in the world; its prominence is gained since far back in the century. Blackjack is a game played against the dealer along with other players rather than against other players. Here, there’s only one thing the player must achieve before the dealer reveals their cards. And that’s getting a ‘blackjack’ or a higher cards value than the dealer without going over twenty-one. After all, the very game was once called ‘Vingt-Un’, meaning twenty-one. And the very phrase getting a Play Blackjack Online refers to getting cards of a value of exact twenty-one.
How to check the value of the cards?
The value of the numbered cards is the same as the number on the cards. A face card or a picture card consisting of a king, queen or jack have a value of ten. The ace can have a value of either one or eleven, depending upon the rest of the cards of the player. The value of the ace is normally eleven, but if the ace makes the value of the cards go over twenty-one, it has a value of one instead.
How does one win a blackjack game?
One can win a blackjack game by doing any of the following:
- Getting an ace and a face card or a ten-value card adds up to twenty-one. It is called a ‘natural’ or a ‘blackjack’.
- One could get a few extra cards by hitting to get more than the dealer, but not over twenty-one.
- The player should be careful not to ‘bust’ or go over twenty-one.
How to play Blackjack?
- All the interested players place bets to join the game.
- The dealer hands over two cards to each player face up or down depending on the casino and the game version. The dealer also takes a card facing upwards for themselves. In some games, they may take and keep a second card facing downwards.
- The player can then choose to ‘hit’ or ‘stand’. Hitting refers to asking the dealer for another card to improve the value of the hand until they are happy with the hand. If the player isn’t happy with their hand, they could also ‘surrender’, which is dropping out of the game and having half of the money they bet returned to them. If the player is happy with their cards, they could choose to ‘stand’, which is sticking with their cards. They could choose to stand with or without hitting.
- Once the players are done with their cards, the dealer reveals theirs. The dealer goes forward with this step if all the players aren’t bust or have a blackjack. If the value of their cards is low, they can keep picking more cards till their hand reaches 17. Once the dealer’s hand has reached 17 or above, they have to stop. If the dealer’s bust, then all the players that aren’t bust have won.
- The winners are announced, and they can collect their winnings from the dealer right away.